You can login using your Google account.
Welcome to Kiwivelo
On Wednesday mornings, the Kiwivelo carpark has inadvertently over the years become the meeting place of like-minded road cyclists who gather for an early morning cycle.
It is important to note, that while this group of cyclists gather in front of the store, it is not a Kiwivelo organised event and we hold no responsibility for it. Riders ride at their own risk.
Riders in the group however have asked us to use our site/social media to voice the expected behaviour of the riders who participate. They have requested that if a rider cannot and will not fit the following criteria that they kindly find another group to ride with for the safety of the group and public.
1. This is not a race! It is a leisurely ride with experienced riders. There are no “sprints” and no “finish line”. It is expected riders will stay in an orderly formation and never ride more than two abreast and then only when it is safe.
2. Always obey the road rules.
3. Never run red lights!
4. Riders must have a high level of bunch riding experience.
5. Always have working front and rear lights on your bike. Please when riding in the group, dim your rear lights so not to blind the riders behind you.
6. Keep the noise to a minimum
7. Point out obstacles for riders behind you.
8. Always wear appropriate, safety approved road cycling gear – helmet, riding jersey and riding bibs/shorts.
9. Your bike must be of an appropriate standard, well maintained and safe with clip in pedals.
It is compulsory for your bike to have:
When cycling at night or when visibility is poor, cycles must have the following:
Be aware of:
Download the NZTA Factsheet – Cycles: Road rules and equipment