It is compulsory for you to:
- Wear an approved safety standard bike helmet
- Keep as far left as practical
- Ride no more than two abreast
- Ride in single file when passing other vehicles (including parked vehicles) or impeding traffic behind you
- Use hand signals to indicate your intentions
- Obey all road rules
It is compulsory for your bike to have:
- Rear facing red light that is visible from a distance of 100 metres.
- Good brakes on the front and back wheels.
When cycling at night or when visibility is poor, cycles must have the following:
- One or more steady or flashing rear-facing lights that can be seen at night from a distance of 100 metres.
- One or two white or yellow headlights that can be seen at night from a distance of 100 metres. Only one of the headlights may flash.
Be aware of:
- Cars pulling out of driveways or parking spaces
- Hazards like parked cars, potholes, glass, litter and strong wind
- Opening car doors
- Other riders around you
Download the NZTA Factsheet – Cycles: Road rules and equipment
Roadcraft K2 Cycle Challenge
The RoadCraft K2 is the toughest one day cycle challenge in the Southern Hemisphere. It is also one of the most scenic and varied with the route traveling through sub tropical forest, pacific coastlines, rural farmland and the Puhutakawa coastline of the Hauraki Gulf.
Now Kiwivelo has jumped on board the K2 band wagon and has become a sponsor of the prestigious event!
Keep you diary open for October 31st and head to the beautiful Coromandel to do your lap of the Peninsula.
Pick up an entry form in Store
or enter online at the K2 website