You can login using your Google account.
Welcome to Kiwivelo
A truly high performance, lightweight gravel racing shoe. Available in both men’s and women’s versions, the RX8 marries the top performance features of Shimano’s premium mountain bike and road racing footwear in a shoe that balances pedaling performance and off-the-bike capability. The result is a lightweight, stiff, walkable shoe that is ideal for gravel racers, gran fondo riders, and weekend warriors.
Many gravel riders and racers are currently underserved in terms of footwear options. While riders will benefit from features found in mountain bike shoes, those shoes are typically overbuilt and heavier. With many road cyclists exploring gravel, their tastes in footwear drift towards road shoes with ultra-stiff soles delivering maximum pedaling efficiency. Shimano’s RX8 is designed to meet all of these needs in a balanced shoe optimized for gravel.
The RX8 features a super-stiff and efficient full-length carbon outsole with a Shimano stiffness rating of 10 (out of 11). A precise fit is gained from a heel stabilizer, while minimal TPU lugs, micro toe armor, and an anti-slip pad create walkability and protection that is race-tuned for gravel. The cleat-pedal interface features a wider contact point that is optimized to fit with new XTR PD-M9100 pedals while stiff TPU lugs increase pedaling efficiency compared to rubber lugs. All of this comes in a lightweight package at 265g (size 42), significantly lighter than Shimano’s premium S-PHYRE XC9 mountain bike racing shoes.
Comfort is critical for ultra-endurance gravel racing events and the RX8 delivers a glove-like fit. The shoe utilizes a one-piece Surround Structure synthetic upper with perforated venting and secures the foot with a single Boa IP1 dual micro adjustment dial. Weight is reduced by utilizing a Velcro strap at the front of the shoe.
09 489 5494 (0800 KIWIVELO)
- Orders received before 3pm are normally dispatched the day they are ordered.
- The standard delivery time for products to be delivered New Zealand postal addresses (excluding bikes) is within 3 working days.
- All costs associated with delivery are calculated and added at the point of purchase in the shopping cart.
- Delivery costs are itemised in your account and can be viewed by logging into your account.
If your delivery requires further attention, please contact us on 0800 549 483
- We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on kiwivelo.co.nz.
- All returns MUST have a completed returns form enclosed which can be found here. This form can be filled out on your device.
- We do not cover returns cost.
- Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging undamaged also.
- If you have paid with card, we will credit the card we have on file for you this may take up to 10 working days to appear as cleared funds.
- Replacement products normally take 5 days to deliver - provided you have followed our returns procedure correctly.
- The status of your credit or return can be viewed by logging into your account.
For more assistance related to returned items, contact us on 0800 549 483