You can login using your Google account.
Welcome to Kiwivelo
The coating is a bottled product for chains that is applied in liquid form, and which hardens to a 100% dry chain coating. It generates less friction than any other chain lube on the market (being out-performed only by the factory-treated UFO Racing Chain). And as Friction Facts’ research has so often concluded: every watt lost to friction is one less watt available to power the bike forwards.
Chief Technology Officer at CeramicSpeed, Jason Smith, the brain behind this revolutionary product, explains:
“Other lubricants may claim to be “the fastest”, but data-driven testing – not to mention logic and semantics – suggests otherwise. There can only be one “fastest”. And UFO Drip Chain Coating is it.”
Jason Smith is the founder of Friction Facts, the independent friction lab that was acquired by CeramicSpeed in 2016. Smith had already invented the renowned UFO Racing Chain treatment – UFO stands for ‘Ultra Fast Optimisation’ – a factory treatment process that delivers the fastest bicycle chain in the world. What makes the UFO Racing Chain the ultimate friction-beater, is an innovative factory-applied chain coating. However, CeramicSpeed had more radical ambitions – they wanted to liberate UFO-like speed from the bespoke factory process, somehow bottle it, and put it in the hands of the people.
“From the beginning, there was only one box to tick,” says CeramicSpeed Executive Vice President Martin Banke. “And that was to create the world’s fastest drip-applied chain lubricant. When CeramicSpeed do something, we do it 100%. UFO Drip Chain Coating is a revolutionary product – technically and performance-wise, it is unlike anything else on the market.”
After months of development, Smith came up with a formula consisting of 10 components; a blend of waxes, trace oils, and friction modifiers. It was a liquid product that was easy to apply to a bike chain, which hardened into a completely dry coating. It tested very, very fast; out-performing by far the best available drip lubes in frictional loss benchmarking.
More quantitative and qualitative testing than any other product in the market
“Personally, and in my capacity as the Chief Technology Officer of CeramicSpeed, I can proudly state that every claim we make about the performance of UFO Drip Chain Coating is 100% supported by the test data. If we haven’t tested it, we are not going to make the claim,” says Jason Smith, and continues, “I prefer to focus on the data. If the product works, I’m going to have masses of data that shows you it works. Friction Facts, now the dedicated drivetrain efficiency lab of CeramicSpeed, is the only facility with all friction- testing equipment under one roof. CeramicSpeed is the only manufacturer who have the capability to friction-test so comprehensively, in support of a new product.”
The UFO Drip Chain Coating data proves:
09 489 5494 (0800 KIWIVELO)
- Orders received before 3pm are normally dispatched the day they are ordered.
- The standard delivery time for products to be delivered New Zealand postal addresses (excluding bikes) is within 3 working days.
- All costs associated with delivery are calculated and added at the point of purchase in the shopping cart.
- Delivery costs are itemised in your account and can be viewed by logging into your account.
If your delivery requires further attention, please contact us on 0800 549 483
- We will happily refund or exchange any item purchased on kiwivelo.co.nz.
- All returns MUST have a completed returns form enclosed which can be found here. This form can be filled out on your device.
- We do not cover returns cost.
- Returned goods must be unused and supplied with their original packaging undamaged also.
- If you have paid with card, we will credit the card we have on file for you this may take up to 10 working days to appear as cleared funds.
- Replacement products normally take 5 days to deliver - provided you have followed our returns procedure correctly.
- The status of your credit or return can be viewed by logging into your account.
For more assistance related to returned items, contact us on 0800 549 483